Dawn of Steam: Gods of the Sun (Volume 2) - Jeffrey  Cook

Dawn of Steam:Gods of the Sun is the second book in this trilogy. I think the writing has definitely improved and is even more polished. I also felt like the flow of the story was very clear without diverting from the main story-line, but there are bits and pieces that add to it. There's are still hints of steampunk elements thrown in here and there, but it's not over the top. It adds more to the background of the story, rather than being the focal point, which is a very creative approach.

Nearly all of the characters from the first book are still in the story, with the addition of a few new faces. For the most part, many of the characters seem to have stayed the same, however some have "grownup" more. The newer characters aren't really fleshed out yet, I think we'll be learning more about them in the book to come.

I really enjoyed this story, I felt like there was more anticipation as to what was going to happen, than in the previous one. You're also going to get a lot more mystery, and have to think about whats going to come next. There's even more action in this one as well, which was fun. Altogether, I'd definitely recommend this series, it feels action packed, but at the same time its a thought provoking book.

I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.