Pretty Disappointed!

Shadow and Bone - Leigh Bardugo

This book was alright, I thought it was boring for most of it, it wasn't till literally the last 30 pages it picked up for me. The heroine was a bit too weepy and 'oh woe is me' for my tastes, especially for being an 18 year old. I don't think the maturity level was there, even though she was fighting in an army for years. There was of course the love triangle going on in this book, the man the heroine has been in love with all her life, who of course doesn't notice her till she's gone and then there's the 'old' but young appearing guy she just met.

I was super excited to read this book initially and even when it started I was excited, but it just lost my interest once she finds out she's a special star. I just saw the heroine going through the same thoughts and motions, everyday, over and over, and over again.

It's easy to see why a lot of people like this series, it does have potential. I really just think this story would have been so much better if it were written for adults, so much more could have happened. The writings is excellent as well, but it's just not my style.