Angelfire - Hanna Peach

Angelfire is not what I thought it would be, it was much much better. Alyx is a pretty awesome MC, she's tough, but she's still got a big heart. Unlike a lot of heroines, Alyx can't be classified as one stereotype, she's very well rounded. I thought the mixture of demons,angels, and mortals was interesting. Earth isn't really earth anymore, it's like a deconstructed version of modern times. Demons take people over and the seraphim try to destroy the demons and "protect" the mortals.

Alyx is an 18 year old seraphim who loves fighting and winning her competitions, however as the book progresses she learns she's meant for more. She's learning that she has a choice, she no longer has to mindlessly follow her Elders. There's a lot of twists and turns when it comes to who's good and who's evil. Most of the characters are well developed, some of them are cool, others are tools.

Overall, I thought it was a great start to the series. It's a refreshing take on the whole angel and demon genre, not your basic story with this one. There's some mystery, romance and of course action an adventure throughout the book. I'd recommend it, and look forward to reading the next book.