Definitely a must read!

Charming the Beast - Cynthia Eden

Charming the Beast by Cynthia Eden was absolutely amazing! This is the first book I've ever read by Cynthia Eden, and I have to say I'm seriously impressed. I also haven't read the previous books in this series, but was able to follow along easily with no issues. Eden clearly explains and gives you ample background on the characters as you advance in the story. I'd easily say you could read this as a standalone, but bet it would be even better if you read the series-which I plan to do;)

Connor and Chloe make a fantastic couple. Connor is a damaged hero, he's a scarred man with horrors most people couldn't even begin to imagine. He's also a mixed breed of vampire and werewolf, a terrifying mix of monster resides within him. Connor could be a monster, but he's absolutely the opposite in this story. He's caring and strong with his focus being on protecting those around him, especially Chloe. Chloe is definitely a girl that had an extremely horrible and hard life growing up. Even though she's gone through some seriously sick stuff she's still a fighter, she won't let anyone imprison her. She's also got a big heart and an innocence that is unusual in her world.

The story itself is awesome. I loved the plot and the pace of the story, the romantic parts of this story were well placed. There wasn't any odd veering off track, everything that happened led to the conclusion and helped tie into the story. This book was certainly unique showing multiple points of view, one of them being the evil guy. I haven't ever read a story where you actually get to see what the evil guy is thinking. I also enjoyed the fact that each perspective gave interesting info, it wasn't just a copy of what was already shown. Each voice was very unique.

I'd definitely recommend to paranormal romance lovers and shifter fans. This is an 18+ story, there are sex scenes.

I received this book through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review