I DNF'ed it, Reviewed it, but Won't Rate it.

Owl and the Japanese Circus - Kristi Charish

To be honest, I pretty much DNF'ed this book at 50%. I didn't like Owl at all, I found her to be an obnoxious twit. Reading her perspective just made me cringe, she reminds me of one of those girls I tried to avoid in Highschool. Ya know the one who just whined a lot and thought she was just so great; Thats how I see Owl. As for the twit part,I understand she went to Grad school and yadda yadda, but I'm just not seeing any intelligence coming through in her decisions or handling of situations. She actually repeatedly says she screws up on a regular basis and does stupid things- I'm not sure if that was suppose to be endearing to me or not, but it wasn't. I'm also pretty sure our heroine is an alcoholic, every scene shes drinking in, its a beer she's going for. Normally, I really wouldn't care, but when your trying to sell me a woman in danger from supernaturals and on the hunt for artifacts the idea of her drinking constantly is kinda ridiculous. Who knows though, maybe all that alcohol is what's stopping her. Either way, I'm deeming this woman TSTL.

As I said before, I dont like the main character, but that doesn't mean the story itself didn't pique my interest, because it did. The idea of a female treasure hunter is pretty awesome, I love tomb raider, so this story should have worked for me. Let's add in the supernatural, more specifically dragons,and I should have been all over this, probably would have been a five star. That pesky heroine though really just destroyed the story. The writing itself is also done pretty well, I can totally see Harrison fans enjoying this because it does have that vibe. If the heroine was replaced with someone else, this story probably would have rocked, but thats not the case.

I know I'm reading an ARC copy, but seriously, there are a TON of editing mistakes. Between the wrong words being used and simple spelling mistakes from the first couple of pages onward. I'm pretty disappointed in this, specially coming from a well known publishing house.

Originally, I was gonna rate this, but since I didn't finish it, I'm not going to. I may be many things, but a dick is not one of them. If you were to ask me though, I'd tell you it's a three stars for me.

I received this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. These thoughts and opinions are my own.