Fun Supernatural YA SpinOff Series

The Day Human Prince - B. Kristin McMichael

The Day Human Prince is an awesome spin-off series to the Blue Eyes trilogy. Getting the story from Devin and Nessa's point of view is a great change from Ariannas. I also loved the addition of the fae. If you've read the original trilogy you'd know the world is inhabited by different nighthumans, nearly all of them are sub-classes of vampire, including the fae. Devin is a human living in this world, where usually he's nothing but food, fortunately for him though he's a lot tougher than he looks.

The Day Human trilogy focuses on the aftermath of the Blue Eyes trilogy. For a quick recap, Vanessa basically saves Arianna and Devin at the end of the last book. By doing so though she accidentally kills her own brother, but stops an all out war among the "clans". The key point that matters is that Vanessa had to bind herself to Devin to save him, if she hadn't he would have died. The Day Human Prince is the story about Devin an Vanessa facing her clan and dealing with the consequences of their actions. Now this might sound a bit simple, which is far from the truth. This story is far more complicated and has a lot of twists and turns.

Normally, I'm use to reading about Devin as the stone faced protector, so to actually get some humor from him is a great change. I also like seeing him focus on someone other than Arianna, it's about time he gets over her. This story definitely changes his character. Vanessa aka Nessa is a fae princess, I only got a lil bit of info about her in the last book which made me want to know more. I really liked her character, she was kind-hearted with a bit of a temper. She also was a pretty quick thinker, mostly though she actually acted like a seventeen year old would. She was far from perfect, but didn't seem to care.

For a YA series I really enjoyed it. I kinda forgot this was actually a YA story as I was reading. The story just really comes alive as you read, it definitely held my attention.

I received this book from the publishers in exchange for an honest review.