James and the Dragon by Theresa Snyder

James & the Dragon (The Farloft Chronicles) (Volume 1) - Theresa Snyder

First off, this book totally reminded me of when I was a kid watching Jane and The Dragon, which I LOVED. Reading this brought back all those great memories of being a kid and how much I loved this sort of stuff, still do, of course.

James is a sweet peasant boy with no family that's basically been shunned by his village because no one has the means or time to take care of him. This is during medieval times when the plague wiped out most of Europe, I'm assuming this is Europe. He's on his own and has been trying to take care of himself for awhile until Farloft finds him and adopts him. Farloft is as sharp as a knife with a huge heart an longing for family. He's lived many, many,many human lifetimes and is all alone at this point because dragons are now being hunted.

What I really like about this book is the fact you have your general story which is about James,

Farloft and Laval, but you also have mini stories weaved throughout. Like any good parent or storyteller Farloft tells James about his life and different stories in history, which we get to hear about as well. This is a great book for children, teens and adults all to read together or separately. It's a sweet feel good book that made me reminisce on my childhood. I'd definitely recommend.

I received this book in exchange for an honest review, these are my own thoughts and opinions.

My Rating:5 of 5